Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snailing onward!

I have been busy here and there scattered in a few various projects. I desperately need to take some pictures and add project descriptions soon.

In my effort to dive into the DIY atmosphere, I have uncovered some great resources both for crafty-awesomeness and materials reuse ideas:

craftingagreenworld.com - A collection of bloggers and their creative "eco" craft ideas and solutions.

instructables.com/green - This website is a tremendously huge resource for "how to's." A lot of fun ways to re-purpose waste items like plastic bottles and tire tubes.

Knittn Kitten - a craft/thrift store (!!) in NE Portland, OR (NE 75th and Glisan). Knowledge of its existence is new to me, but I haven't actually been there yet. I need to check it out!


Also! For those concerned with the future of handmade products, get informed and stay in tuned to what is going on with the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA). Let's hope the hand-crocheted bill beanies for infants and my favorite felt owl plushies on Etsy won't be disappearing come February 10th. That would certainly be riot-worthy.

No comments: